Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reflections



I adopted my daughter from China in 2005, and before I traveled to get her I bought a journal to write to her about the journey to get her and about different points in our lives together.  It has been over 5 years since I started that journal and I realized that I was saying the same thing back then as I am today... nothing has changed.  I always make plans to change things about my life, like where I am going to live or the career I want to have and what I realized looking back at the last 5 years is that I have not taking action on any of those goals and I am still wanting the same things.  The common areas that I found I write about the most are, wanting to move back to New Jersey to be closer to my family and changing careers.  Interestingly enough, I have kinda changed careers, but staying in the same field just a different position still left me feeling unfulfilled.  So  it leads me to believe that it has less to do with the changing of careers and more to do with the freedom of having choices.

Is it me or does anyone else feel completely trapped by something in their lives???

No comments:

Post a Comment