Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Realization... now comes action.

Yesterday I went to the public library and checked out a book, “Debt Free for Life” by David Bach.  I saw him on a segment of the Today show yesterday and wanted to see if he had anything new to say that I had not already heard or thought of myself.


Usually books of this nature are dry and hard to follow, but I found myself wanting to read it.  At times I found it painful to get through, not because of the writing, but because I recognized myself in the pages.  There was one passage in particular that could have been written about me and it truly startled me!  He was writing about a time when he realized he had a problem with credit cards and he was afraid to open the bills, so he did it with his eyes closed out of fear.  I have done that!  Usually this occurred after a binge of spending and now I had to deal with the reality of my actions.  It was a huge awakening that someone else in the world had the same experience as I had and did not shut down and give up, but decided that it was time to make a life time change.  

That is my dream, My Revised American Dream, to be debt free as soon as possible and stay that way for the rest of my life.  I want to be a blessing to my friends and family, not a burden.  I want to spend my retirement with my grandchildren, not working to pay interest on my mistakes.  I want to have choices!

I hope you tune in often to follow along and take the journey with me to live my Revised American Dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment