Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve...

A year ago today, I was in New York City walking around and taking in the sights with the intention to get out before 4 p.m. when the craziness starts.  I remember walking by the Giant Ball and seeing it drop at like 10 a.m and the digital sign saying Happy New Year in Japan.

Today I sit in my apartment in Florida in stark contrast of running around NYC spending money I did not really have, trying to have a good time knowing deep down inside that I should not be there because I could not afford it,  I should be home saving money.  That is the stress that I seem to live with a lot, the constant remorse of making bad choices.  The remorse comes from knowing the right thing to do and still proceeding with the bad one which is why I believe my spending is of an addictive nature.  People that do not struggle with money just say, "Stop spending" or "Know your limits" but if anyone has tried to quit smoking for example, the "Just stop smoking, no big deal" is really a naive way to think of breaking any addition. So, my road to recovery is that I will journal the good, the bad, and the ugly in hopes of finding my triggers and my strengths and hopefully help a others that can relate to my plight and may need some encouragement through their financial journey.

I am not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but for the sake of my new journey I thought listing a few items I would like to achieve this year in my blog would be a great way to monitor if I actually achieve them and what may or may not have contributed to my success.  So here I go...

1. This year I will work everyday to stay within my budget.
2. I will not accumulate more debt.
3. I will look for the good things in my life and find happiness in them.
4. I will try to make the healthiness choices possible for my mind, body and soul.
5. I will love and enjoy my family each and every day.

There they are, the top five things I pledge to do this upcoming year.  I hope you follow in my journey and share your New Year's Resolutions with me and I look forward to reading about everyone's successes, struggles and satisfactions this year.

Be safe tonight!


2 comments:

  1. I do miss seeing your faces during the holidays, but it was a good feeling to stay home and not spend. Instead I look forward to seeing you guys much more often and not with constant guilt of the cost it has on us all financially. Here's to having the cash to visit and vacation together more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, not going to Disney with grocery money and other crazy things I have done over the years! I look forward to seeing you also!!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete